During the annual October Taleblazers festival, the Young Alberta Book Society will cover travel my travel expenses to hosting Alberta schools and libraries.
Canada Council Funding
The Canada Council for the Arts offers funding for readings and author residencies. For additional information, contact the Program Officer, Writing and Publishing Section. Chris Toner: 1-800-263-5588 or (613) 566-4414, ext. 4569 or other program staff in the writing and publishing section.
General Information: Phone: 1-800-263-5588 (toll-free) or (613) 566-4414, ext. 0
National Public Readings Program
The Writers Union of Canada runs the National Public Readings Program, which funds author visits to public venues across Canada. Eligible readings must be held in a public venue, such as a library, book store, festival or other appropriate location. It must be advertised to the community at large.
Artists and Education Project Grant
The Alberta Foundation of the Arts (AFA) funds Artists and Arts through the Education Roster with the Artists and Education Project Grant. This program enables you to bring me in as a writer-in-residence to provide writing workshops for one to thirty days. Apply here.
Deadline: April 1 of each year
Visits in Ontario
- Arts Ottawa East
- National Engineering Month Event Funding (For presentations based on my upcoming engineering book for kids: Solve This! Wild and Wacky Challenges for the Genius Engineer in You
- Ontario Writers-in-the Schools Program
- Writers-in-the Schools Northern Ontario Program
Funding in the USA
School Grants — General
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Sponsorships and Charitable Donations
- First Book
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- The Wallace Foundation